Pickled herring with thousand flowers honey jelly and Ponzu pearls
and Ponzu pearls
Honey jelly with flowers
- Mix the water, honey, agave, and rice vinegar, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat, add all the species (except the Mix of dried flowers) and leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
- Strain, weigh and add the Gelatin Powder. Add 5g of gelatin for every 100ml of liquid.
- Let it hydrate for 15 minutes and heat to 60ºC.
- Stretch out on a flat tray and add the Dry Flower Mix.
- Let cool in the fridge until it gels.
- 100g. Mirin
- 50g. Orange juice
- 40g. Lemon juice
- 40g. Lime juice
- 130g. Soy sauce
- 2 C.S. Katsuobushi
- Boil the Mirin and reduce by half.
- Remove from the heat, add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 8 hours.
- 4. Strain and reserve to make the Ponzu pearls.
- 250 ml. Ponzu sauce
- 1L. Sunflower oil
- 2g. Agar-Agar Ingredíssimo (ref.608702)
- Put the sunflower oil in the fridge for a minimum of 12 hours* in a long container.
* In the case of not having time, put it in the freezer or blast chiller.
- Boil the Ponzu sauce and add the Agar-Agar. Boil for one minute and lower the temperature.
- Use an eyedropper or syringe to collect the sauce and make little beads on the cold sunflower oil.
- With a spoon with holes (spherification spoon) collect the beads or strain the oil.
- Plate the herring harmoniously with nori seaweed, the honey jelly and the Ponzu beads.